Susan Jomha of Elite Interior Design
is a talented university certified Interior Decorator who has design experience, artistic mindset and an astonishing ability to discern her client’s styles and tastes, adding their personality into each project. Inspired by many influences from Europe, the Middle East and Asia, she is able to give each project a certain amount of distinction that would be described as one-of-a-kind. By assessing your goals, learning about your habits and lifestyle, she provides the effortless, uncomplicated and fun design process to bring your dreams to life in beautiful interior spaces to be enjoyed for a lifetime.
For any residential or commercial project, Elite Interior Design
only works with the most reputable contractors in the city. These experienced tradesmen will professionally handle each project as if it’s in their own home. They will not be satisfied until they ensure the client is fully happy with the work.
Feature and waiting room suppliers :
Visit Susan with your design or renovation dilemmas for your free, 15 minute consultation at the Ask a Designer feature!
Tips & Tricks from Elite Interior Design:
Use dimming general illumination layered with accent and task lighting. This creates a warm and inviting environment that works with the space and creates a balanced ambiance.
Choose an inspiration piece that is meaningful, that brings you joy and stirs fond memories. Design your room around it!
Select a hue that brings you tranquility when choosing paint colours. Pantone released the fall 2016 colour palette that is anchored with earth-tones and grays which give a feeling of stability; red tones that invite confidence and warmth, while the hot pinkish purples and spicy-mustard yellows suggest a touch of the exotic.
Jennifer Woch proudly launched House of j Interior Design
in 2013. Jennifer has been an interior design consultant in her hometown of Edmonton since 2002. House of j
offers complete professional interior design services for both residential and commercial realms. Gathering her inspiration from her clients, Jennifer loves helping them articulate their dreams for their space!
Visit Jennifer with your design or renovation dilemmas for your free, 15 minute consultation at the Ask a Designer feature!
Tips & Tricks from elite interior design:
- When selecting the finishes for your space, always take all your samples with you. For example, if you've selected your cabinet colour and now need to go select your granite, be sure to take the cabinet sample. It is always best to see all your finishes together to make sure they work well, before ordering.
- Lighting really changes the look, feel and function of a space, so it should be carefully considered for any design project. I tend to opt for more lighting versus less and user dimmer switches. The one place I would add lighting every single time is under cabinet lighting. Well worth the investment.
- Some of the best designed spaces comes from taking risks. This means choose what you love versus what you think is "right" or "safe". Sometimes you do have to weigh out whether or not what you love will actually work with the overall design of a space, but like with anything, trusting your instincts works with design too!
As owner of an award –winning interior design and renovation company, Joanna Starko (pictured centre) and the design team are recipients of ten straight years of the Consumer’s Choice Awards for interior design as well as three prestigious Top Choice Awards for design. Her Passion for good design, her wealth of knowledge and 40 years of experience have earned Joanna a reputation as an expert in the design and renovation industry. Joanna leads a team of amazing designers:
Visit the Jostar team with your design or renovation dilemmas for your free, 15 minute consultation at the Ask a Designer feature!
Leona Malkewich, a design consultant and our office manager of 12 years, is superb in keeping everyone on track.
Design consultant, Laura McSporran has brilliant design ideas and loves to focus on environmentally friendly green products.
Pat Gruber, senior designer with the company for over 20 years, has a great following of loyal clients, who recognize her talent and experience.
Whether it’s just design and consulting or full renovations, Jostar is happy to help make your house into your home!
Tips & Tricks from Jostar:
- Before starting a reno, always plan ahead and shop for your items before construction to help keep you within your budget
- Always look at your finishes in your space to see how they work in both natural light as well as the colour of artificial light you intend to use
- Renovations almost always come with unforeseen costs! Therefore, try to include a contingency fund for costs that are unexpected. This should be at least 10% above your original budget.